The James K. Binder Lectureship in Literature
The James K. Binder Lectureship in Literature is made possible by the late Mr. Binder's generous bequest and honors his wishes that we bring leading European intellectuals to UCSD to provide a forum for rigorous discussions of literary topics.
- 2013 (France) - Roger Chartier: From the Writer's Hand to the Printer's Mind. Who is an Author in Early Modern Europe?
- 2010 (Italy) - Mario Biagioli: Inventing Invention: Galileo's Telescope Between Science and Craft
- 2009 (Spain) - Almudena Grandes: Literature and Memory, a writer's journey
- 2007 (Spain) - Belen Gopegui: A Gunshot in the Middle of a Concert. On the Political in the Novel
- 2006 (Italy) - Gianni Celati: Fillini on the Italian Male
- 2005 (France) - Tzvetan Todorov: The Replacement of Ethics by Aesthetics
- 2005 (Germany) - Klaus R. Scherpe: How German is It, and How American?: Ironic Replays in Literature