Photo by Deborah Morrow Yu
U.S. Latino/a and Latin American Literatures
Majors Checksheet in progress.
Requirements for Major:
- Two lower-division courses:
- LTSP 50B Latin American Literature or LTSP 50C. Latin American Literature
- LTEN 29 or TWS 22
- Five upper-division courses from Latin American literature offerings taught in Spanish. At least one of these courses must deal with literature written before 1900.
- Five upper-division courses dealing with Latino/a- Chicano/a cultural production; these Literature courses may be Literatures in English courses, Literature of the Americas courses, or Cultural Studies courses, all taught in English.
- Two additional upper-division courses from the Department of Literature for a total of twelve upper-division courses. Students may petition to have up to two relevant courses from other departments or programs count towards this requirement.