MFA | Admission Prerequisites
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required for admission to the MFA Program in Writing.
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
Applicants who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents should possess the following academic qualifications:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in coursework completed in the final two years of undergraduate study and any post-baccalaureate study.
International applicants should possess the following:
- The equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree, with above average scholarship, granted by a university-level institution.
- Proficiency in the English language, demonstrated by attaining a minimum score on the TOEFL or IELTS test. (Required for applicants whose native language is not English and who have not studied full-time for one uninterrupted year at a university-level institution in a country where English is the official language.)
- Eligibility for a graduate student visa.