MFA | Admission Prerequisites
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
Applicants who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents should possess the following academic qualifications:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in coursework completed in the final two years of undergraduate study and any post-baccalaureate study.
International applicants should possess the following:
- The equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree, with above average scholarship, granted by a university-level institution.
- Proficiency in the English language, demonstrated by attaining a minimum score on the TOEFL or IELTS test. (Required for applicants whose native language is not English and who have not studied full-time for one uninterrupted year at a university-level institution in a country where English is the official language.)
- Eligibility for a graduate student visa.
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required for admission to the MFA Program in Writing.