I am a Visiting Professor, Lecturer, Associate In, Affiliated Faculty and need to use the Instruction Tools to check my class lists and contact students.
Getting a new "Link Family" account involves several steps, most relying on updates on UCSD computer systems that are not controlled by the Literature Department. The process cannot begin until the first day of your appointment and it may take several days for the process to be completed. Until your Single Sign-on account is setup you may ask the Undergraduate Office to print rosters for you.
1. Your appointment is entered into the Payroll System by the Literature Academic Files office.
2. You need a UCSD email address. If you do not have one, please contact Deborah Morrow Yu
. She will need to know the following information:
- When does your appointment begin?
- Do you want a maibox on the UCSD mail server (you will need to reconfigure your email client for this account, or use Outlook on the Web), or have a @ucsd.edu email address that automatically forwards to another email account (recommended for appointments that are less than one year).
3. After you have a UCSD email address, you can now Self-register online
for an Single Sign-on log in and password! If you get an error message that your email address is not valid, try back in a day or so.
4. Most Important!
Email Deborah Morrow Yu
and let her know that you are for a Single Sign-On account and that you want Intruction Toolbox Access. This is the only way that she knows you have a Single Sign-on account and needs this access.
She will process the request for approval . You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
when your Instruction toolbox access is ready.
Help! I signed up for Single Sign-on but I get an "Access Denied" error when I try to access class lists!
See Item #4 above.
Help! I want to reset my Single Sign-on!
I am still having problems logging into Single Sign-on!
Please call ACT at (858) 534-1853.